Last Wednesday the 6 legged Detroit noise machine, Wolf Eyes came to Brighton to teach us all a thing or two about live performance. Brighton Noise was quite simply blown away and here’s 10 reasons why.
1. Nate Young is one of the coolest (and sexiest) men alive. Anyone that can get away with wearing sunglasses indoors without looking stupid gets our vote.
2. If you are going to pick up a guitar, please we implore you go to Jim Baljo for shredding advice. If the man was any sharper on his instrument of choice he’d be a cheese grater
3. Volume conquers absolutely everything. Especially within the bunker like confines of Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar
4. Wolf Eyes next record will undoubtedly be the best in their ridiculously stocked cannon. The new stuff they played managed to be droney and ferocious at the same time.
5. Seriously, does anyone want to start a band?
6. Big amps are ALWAYS a good sign.
7. Do you know how difficult it is for a noise band to play an hour’s set and actually keep it interesting?
9. They’ve started playing actual “songs” and they’re really good at it.
10. You could do a hell of a lot worse in a heavy metal education than download the entire discographies of the patches on Jon Olson’s denim jacket.
Gig of the year so far. Trip metal forever.